Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Visiting The Holocaust Museam

I never heard about the Armenian Genocide and when I watched the video I realized how all survivors of this type of tragedy tend to have very similar mentalities and philosophies. I personally grew up in a Jewish day school and I know many people who survived, many peoples stories and tragedies of war. Its surrounded me constantly because I'm Jewish. My grandparents lived in other places which didn't treat them very well as Jews but nothing like a genocide, were not from Germany. We're from places like Syria, Lebanon, and Egypt. But with the small amount of Jews in the world its affected me very much.

Watching the video I realized people coming out of a tragedy like this have a philosophy of yes I lost so very much but I'm going to survive and never ever let anyone forget it so it never happens again. We're going to make big families and live long after our murderers die out. I guess these people want to come out and make something of a bad experience. thats what so great about people. We can take something bad and make it an experience, make it a proclamation, make a difference with it.

I wondered about one line of the video very much: they said that if the world realized the Armenian Genocide happened maybe the Holocaust would have been prevented. I'm not sure if thats true.... the world will never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment