On Tuesday, October 12, our entire English class visited the holocaust center on campus. I learned about something which I barely had any knowledge. I was very ignorant about the Armenian genocide. I knew it occurred in history, but I had no knowledge of its details. After watching the documentary on Armenian genocide I was overwhelmed. I was a bit upset when the video ended. I felt that there should have been more. I am always interested to learn about world history.
I was really shocked to find out that the Turkish authorities did it and tried to use religion as an excuse. Being a Muslim I am not going to say that I am apologetic for what the Turkish have done. Because, anyone who tries to force Islam onto someone or uses religion to bring violence is clearly wrong. It is clearly mentioned in the Quran in the second chapter that there is no compulsion in religion. I wish I could do something to make the Armenian genocide more known. It is amazing to me that the holocaust is so well known. Yet, one of the events that inspired Hitler to cause holocaust are merely just few pages in history. I was once told by one of my professors at QCC that dogs had better PR than horses and that’s why dogs are known for their sense of smell. Even though, horses have better sense of smell than dogs. I laughed at him, taking it as a joke. But now I sense that the Armenians had really bad PR.
No comments:
Post a Comment