Sunday, October 17, 2010

"The Armenian Genocide"

The word genocide in my opinion means an extention of a paticular large group of people belonging to a specific religon or race.I arrived at this meaning because of all the genocides that have taken place over the years the people that are being killed were from the same race and or religion.Learning about the Armenian Genocide has strongly affected my understanding becaause for one I never knew there was an Armanian Genocide and second I understand where Hitler may have adopted the idea from. I also feel the Armenian Genocide paved the way for other genocides that have taken place.I think the Holocaust Resource Center has information about other genocides because the Holocust was not the only genocide to take place although the Holocust was mainly recognized as the first and to some the only genocide to take place.It also has this information to show the similarities within each genocide all that have taken place were because people shared the same race or religous values.Many artists continue to make paintings and poems because they dont want anyone to forget or act like it never happend it can also be used to educate upcoming genorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment