Saturday, October 16, 2010

Genocide Assignment

Genocide means to me that anyone can be victims of violence. Regardless, if the person may be German or Jewish, we all do not want to be treated less than someone else. We wanted to be treated like a human being. I think of the word "genocide" when I was not only watching "The Armenian Genocide" at The Holocurst Resourch Center, but at another muesum I went to while I was a student at high school. It makes me think about how life can be too short to fight with each other while we can find a way to get along and solve our problems. The problems I am talking about are how to accept people for who they are. Even if one person may believe in a different religion than someone else, we ought to accept that person for he or she is because there are more to us in this world instread of critcism.
 
After reading some of the chapters of "Bluebeard", I did not think much the story any different than watching the Amianian documentry. Even after watching the video, the topic was still discussed on how some of the Jewish people were killed by different people that happened one time and a few years later. Those different people were a had ethicities that were different than one of than had as they 
 were German and the others were Turkish. 

I believe that artists want to make their artwork about the Holocaust not only because they understand what they have learned from what the Holocaust survivors, but to understand what they learned from those survivors that genocide is a hateful way of hating someone. We can hate someone, if we want to, but we also have to limited it where it will not affect that peoples' life as there is a line where we have to stay in. And from going over that line, we are bringing threat and fear to those peoples' lives that we all do not want ourselves.

The Holocause Resource Center have information about genocide more than the Jewish genocide from World War II 
in Germany because I think that the muesum was made to teach everyone what incidents that involved with genocide as a lesson. Clearly, by teaching people about the history of genocide, it would prevent the violence from being repeated in the future.
              
 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment