Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A visit to the QCC Holocaust Museum

Yesterday was my second time visiting a Holocaust museum. The first time was in the summer of 2004 and the location was in Dakow concentration camp, Germany. I did not know what to expect because all I know about the atrocities been done on the Jews was what I read from different sources. That day my life was changed for ever, walking through those gas chambers and imagining women and children been stripped naked and told they were going to take showers not knowing they were going to die was horrifying to me.

As an African woman, I also have my own share of pain and anger when ever the topic of slavery comes up. I have watched roots many times and I always cry and becomes depressed for days after the movie. How can one group of human beings cause so much pain and death to another group? The genocide that happen to Armenians was unspeakable and up to now the Turkish government is denying it. Even though, we have living Armenians who are testifying to this and news papers all over Europe that reported it. The time is now for all human beings to stand up as one to fight injustices against mankind.

2 comments:

  1. wow its really amazing that you got to visit a holocaust museum in Germany. I can only imagine how that must have impacted your life to physically be there amongst the horror chambers that jews had to experience just because of their religion. That must've been a once in a lifetime experience. I completly agree with the fact that all humans have to come together as one to fight against injustice and inhumane crimes. One day I wish to visit overseas and experience a historical ground just like you have and I'm sure it would change my life as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew that there was a muesum in Germany that was a concentration camp with gas chambers. You learned a lot from going there. From understanding the Holocaust in Germany, not many people as myself would not be able to go far away places to understand the Germans' side than you did.

    ReplyDelete