Friday, October 8, 2010

Forward>>>??

To be abstract is to be formless. Its to have no shape no contour no rule to adhere to. For this reason abstract art in my opinion is more of an art from than any conventional, dare I say traditional work. My mind is what I compare to a glass. It has a shape. Its shape was my creation and all that I perceive must be applied within that shape. This would mean that any art I interpret becomes a piece all my own, regardless of the painters intentions even he were to inscribe hs intention right below his work .
All that being said what is abstract art? It is the nothing more than raw expression. Its expression without predetermination. I believe it is essence. When we ponder the dynamics of an abstract art piece more we ponder our selves. We try to super impose what we think on the artist piece to give it definition in our minds. For this reason abstract art is the art of insight. Insight not just into the art work but into ourselves. Perception is a master piece all is own because it helps interpret but it also helps create.


Those to paragraphs are form what i would like to be a part of my forward letter for my collection. I brought them in on the group critique but i would appreciate some insight on them as i feel as if the reviews i received were not in-depth enough. I already know some of the things i want to add and change. Any opinions would be appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment