Saturday, October 23, 2010

Response to Bluebeard

 

I think that most of the characters in the book seem to have a neutral outlook when it comes to Rabo. He provides people with money but his personality isn’t the best so people are in between when it comes to him. The conflict over the remodeling of his foyer was intense because his wife had designed it for him to make comfortable when he moved in and they changed it completely which he didn’t like at all since it reminded him of her.

After looking it up, I found that kitsch is a form of imitation in art. Like we in class it’s pretty much something that’s mass produced and the always the same. I think that opinions kitsch paintings in the book vary from person to person, Rabo doesn’t like them as they’re not really unique at all but other people enjoy looking at them so much that they’re mass produced so everyone can have a copy in their home.

No comments:

Post a Comment