My experience at the holocaust center was extremely humbling. Everyday we live our lives to the fullest without thinking about the events that have occurred in the past. Its hard to believe that as recent as the 1920’s something as disgusting and as morally wrong as the holocaust was occurring. Millions of Jewish people losing their lives just because of one man’s personal animosity towards that specific group of people. I know theirs nothing I can do or could have done but it still angers me to know that this happened. The Holocaust isn’t the only example of ma genocide; something similar happened in the mid 90’s in Africa . During the Rwandan genocide approximately 800000 people lost their lives and what makes this even more hard t believe is that I was alive. Obviously I was too young to remember anything but it’s still appalling that in this day and age people can be this stupid. Like I said before theirs nothing I can do about it but it still hurts to know that this happened.
No comments:
Post a Comment