Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (and to start conversations BEFORE we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum. You are required to write AT LEAST two paragraphs a week (in one or more postings).
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
I thought the most disturbing thing about the holocaust center, was the lack of knowledge I realized I have. It seems as though these things must have been covered up. When we were in the room, watching that video about the armenian genocide I looked around in disgust. I read all of the posters on the wall about genocides dating far back, to recent day tragedies. I started thinking to myself, why is it that we hear so little about such horrific events. Especially when the United States is known for having their knows in other countries asses. There are genocides going on today, and we are in Afghanistan doing what? Try to build u their country, try to ensure they won't terrorize us. Well I have news for the government their threats will never go away, no matter how much time we spend there. We have poured our resources into saving these middle eastern countries, for what so our economy could plummet. Meanwhile there are crisis' worth fighting, human lives we could be saving. But we aren't even hearing about it. The government is a scary thing, has anyone else noticed how the war in Afghanistan hasn't even been mentioned as an issue during this years Governor election. Has America stopped caring about what's going on. Has it been the majority of the people looking away from what is wrong with this world. Or is our government trying to keep us blind and ignorant. Sorry about the rant guys but I love conspiracies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
its cuz its a war that hasnt been affecting us much directly. Its not on our land and people dont care much about politics these days. its also that since the vietnam war the gov has learned to keep what it does in the dark more since they used to publicize whenever soldiers died and if they came back with a broken leg or arm so thats why people had strikes and petitions against the war because it hurts to see your people go through such a thing. Its not on the news much anymore because the gov wants to keep people from being involved.
ReplyDelete