Sunday, October 3, 2010

Visit to "The Museum of Modern Art"

I visited the Museum of Modern Art a few weeks ago and it a new experience. I never step foot in an art gallery before but for my first time , I actually had a good time. While walking around, I seen many bizarre, interesting and breath taking pieces of art. A few of them had me question what was the artist thinking when he/she came with the idea of doing the painting but there were a few where I got the concept of what the artist was trying to portray.
I came across my all time favorite painting , " The Starry Night". I must say that has to be one of the most beautiful painting ever to be painted. Also , another piece of art that I found pretty fascinating was a sculpture of broken plates and cups put together with knives, spoons and forks sticking out at the ends of it. I didn't get the name of the sculpture but it was very eye catching. At first I only notice the spoon, forks and knives and than when I really took a better look at it, I realize the spoons and cups. Maybe in the future I'll be visiting more arts galleries.

No comments:

Post a Comment