Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (and to start conversations BEFORE we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum. You are required to write AT LEAST two paragraphs a week (in one or more postings).
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Bar- Nadav
I have never really been interested in poetry readings or attending any performances concerning them so my expectations of the Bar- Nadav reading weren't very optimistic. However, about halfway through the reading I was so entertained with her readings and her comments after them. I didnt expect her to be so witty and comical. It was very refreshing for me because my prespective of poets completely changed. I always imagined them to be dark and antisocial yet she was the exact opposite of that nature. The poem that my group had to review in class was "Birds of Prey" and we had two very different points of view on the interpretation of the poem. Some of us thought the poem represented pain and grusome behavior since it did talk about sharks eating legs and birds picking at eyeballs. Perhaps a grusome death that represented helplesness. Others assumed it was a sweet relationship with nature. Surpisingly, it was a love poem between her and her husband. Something that was completly thrown from left field. It was amusing to me. Overall, I had a great experience and time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment