There are many types of paintings. The once I mentioned in my collection are the oil painting of a scenery by Vincent Van Gogh and an abstract painting by Pablo Picasso. Before pursuing this further I would first like to discuss the meaning of abstract painting. Abstract painting is something with which a conceptual meaning is attached. There can’t be an exact meaning of the painting. It depends on the viewer how they interpret it. For me abstract painting is very confusing. Sometimes I interpret a very different meaning from what a painter was trying to portray. But I guess art is all about elucidating what it means to you. I am not aware of many painters therefore; I decided to write about the paintings by two famous painters Vincent Van Gogh’s “The Starry Night” and Pablo Picasso’s “The Weeping Woman”.
Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (and to start conversations BEFORE we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum. You are required to write AT LEAST two paragraphs a week (in one or more postings).
Saturday, October 30, 2010
part of my collection
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment