The word genocide mean to me, a mass of killing by one or more person. However after watching that video my understanding for genocide had change. As growing up in a society that doesn’t look into other issues but its own, I never heard of the holocaust or even the Armenian Genocide. When I move to New York, my mind open with a world of different but what you may say an unknown. I can remember a great country as Iraq, was under control of a man who was very powerful. Even the Iraqis had no word in what they want in dictatorship. Until today , my mind can still remember his last words after his hang, more or last “Iraq can live without me “.
When I watch the Armenian video, the mass killing is similar to what happen in Iraq. Sometimes I can’t understand why people do such things to human. When I see such action, I sometime question myself, if there’s a god. Mankind taking life that was never creates by them. My generation will have a different life for the past. Youths with the knowledge of the Armenian Genocide, the holocaust, the massacre in Iraq will never make history repeat itself.
You must've learned from the class lesson at the Holocaust Resource Center. That's good. As long as you understood how genocide could affect people, you've an idea of understanding what genocide means.
ReplyDelete