Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Raisin in the Sun"/ Tuesday's Class

Raisin in the Sun is a play that I have never read before but grew to like very quickly since the opening scene. I was able to follow it well and enjoyed the dynamics of the story unlike Bluebeard that seemed a bit confusing to many as well as myself. In a play I love how familiar you are on what exactly is going on such as their gestures, facial expressions and scenery. It makes it very easy to paint that picture in your head and get to know the characters that much more. It's different than a novel because interpretations can be so different from person to person. In a play, there's more restriction that I enjoy because we can capture exactly what the playwriter's vision is.
In Tuesday's class, I really enjoyed how interactive the activities were. I felt like I got to know more of what the fifty's vibe was and therefore became much more familiar with the play in itself. Knowing where it took place and what year. What they would wear, etc. The dialogue and scenery came to life that day because of all the groups and their part of the "full production". My favorite part was the performance that was given by garo and his group. I think they did a great job and made the class very interesting. They really captured the emotions of that scene and the dynamics that the play gave. Great job to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment