Friday, November 19, 2010

Tuesday and Thursday

I enjoyed Tuesday's class...the commercials, the acting, and the discussions we had. I never really payed attention to a lot of the issues presented in A Raisin in The Sun, despite this being my third time reading the play. It makes me think about my own education and what the future has in store for me. It also made me realize how annoying Walter is...all he cares about his the money and himself. I understand that he wants to provide for his family but at the same time he wasn't taking into consideration how everyone else might feel. I'm just happy he changed his tone towards the end of the play.
Going to the writing center on Thursday helped me big time! I was stuck on my foreword and didn't know what to write or how to start it. But I was lucky to get a lot of help from my group and the tutor...I've been brainstorming ever since. Since I already visited MoMA last week, this weekend I'm going to focus more on what exactly I want to include in my collection while keeping in mind how my work is ekphrastic.

1 comment:

  1. the story itself gives you a little heads up on things like to be yourself, education, trust and family. when reading this play it bring a sense of how to having ambitious and always stay open minded of things. the book gives me a up lifting thought of how to acknowledge the tradition of the family. the goal from this story set a trend for motherhood to keep the resources of the family going.it produce a major role in the house hold to stay together no matter what the problem might be but to also socialize with others. this remind me of how my grand mother was, when she try to do the impossible to provide for her family and others, and to also be grateful for life and what god has in store for us.

    ReplyDelete