Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Raisin in the Sun

My first time reading this play, it didn't occur to me how similar Walter sounds to a lot of my peers. Although the play in set in the 50s, I feel it could still be related too now, because the cost of comfortable living and success seems farther and farther away from every generation.
I feel because it's a play, it is indeed easier to follow and easier to understand. I love the amount of emotion that has to be put into a play, even while reading it, you have to give it the sliest emotion in your head.
The performance in class today was a perfect example of what I mean in terms of how important emotion is in a play. The actors showed great emotion, and took their performance very seriously, they had the emotion needed to involve the audience in their performance mentality. I thought it was a great exercise, just to prove how different a play is from a novel. And it was a great way for us to see, who has good acting skills. :)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you this book is funny and entertaining. I like the way the teacher divided us in groups and gave us the idea of how plays are organized and produced. The actors did an excelent job. At one point, it felt like i was in a real theater. It is amazing to see how talented everyone is in the classroom. I really like the interaction between the Negeria student and Benetha. The differences in cultures and values.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a great deal of how the prof. divided us into group but it also give us a little knowledge of how things was done with a play but overall everyone did great with their group.the emotion was a great deal towards the play because of how the actors bring it to life and the sensational thing about it was that they get into the characters mind and put on a good performance. the play was more about the mother and Walter even though they have more characters in the play but overall it was Walter who kept on asking about the check and want he want to do with the money but the mother has her own view of what she want for her family and trying to keep the family together because she live in poverty and want the family to stick together no matter because she has a dream to fulfill,and don't want them to getting too crazy and stupid when the money arrived.

    ReplyDelete