Frida
In class when the professor had showed us the painting of Frida, I didn’t understand her painting. Blood was in all her painting. i think everyone was thinking the same thing. However, the movie had clear it up.
In the beginning of the movie, I thought that Frida would be in bed for the whole movie and will paint everything she imagines.
Frida was an intelligence woman. Her paintings were her life. When something important happen, she draw as it is…for example her husband and her dancing at their wedding. Frida wearing her color wedding dress and diego in his suit. when Frida in pain she paint. I remember when she sees her sister having sex with her husband, she painted a person who was cutting her hair off and becomes a figure as a man. (Frida was in the painting).
I conclude that, most of frida painting was from her painful life. The painting with the “balloons”, Frida had loses her baby. The painting in the tub, her husband losing this work, his painting falls in pieces. The entire image in the tub shows how her husband life was fall apart.
I enjoy watch this film. Frida was very different in her painting. Her paintings had many unusual images such as skeleton head, veins coming out her body. But after watch the movie, I then understand why her paintings.
I agree wih the fact that Frida painted because of the pain that was caused in her lifetime. Before watching the movie I had no idea of this either. I was intrigued with the fact that through her pain was how she became inspired. It answered my question of why are all her paintings so gruesome? So full of pain? The movie that Salma Hayek depicted of Frida answered all those unanswered questions. It was her hard life and struggles that made her so known throughout Mexico and ultimately the whole world.
ReplyDeleteAfter the movie I not only admired her as a painter but as a strong and independent woman that we can all look up to.
ReplyDelete