"Broken Glass"
Nobody wants something that broken, nobody values what it was, or what it could be. However in the end, we’re all a little broken. Whether it be from love, desire or lust we’ve all had some encounters with pain, not physical pain but emotional. Everyone's had that first love, the “we were meant to be” the ” I'll never leave you” or the “I love you with all my heart”. I used to be so over whelmed with the emotions of being in love that I did not see the reality, the truth. I mirrored what I felt and believed in it, but finally seeing the truth… I realize I have been deceived. The image I saw in the reflection was not me, it was who they wanted me to be. They broke me. I've become broken glass. Very few people admire the beauty that's within. Who told you, you need to project an image to be seen? Someone along the way will see you sparkle and that's when everything will fit together. Yet know that there always will be a piece missing.
This piece of writing was taken out from my works in progress section of my composition. I felt it had to do alot with The film we viewed in class, Frida. I viewed Frida as someone who a broken glass. Something fragile and beautiful but that has been damaged or chipped away at because of love and life experiences. She never had to be someone that she wasn't to be seen. Although you seem broken and abnormal, someone will always see that spark that sets you apart from the rest. In her case it was Diego, her comrade/husband/bestfriend. He saw the beauty in the imperfections, the value her pain and agony had in her paintings. He saw what was broken, beautiful. Did it change the fact that she was torn? No. Frida never changed what she portrayed herself to be for him and that was the beauty of her. That's the reason why he never left her side. He loved her in his own way. I would say it was more of an admiration. I beleive he viewed her as a piece of art, an abstract beauty.
**I viewed Frida as someone who was a broken glass.**
ReplyDeletei'm delight to know that you feel that some love affair could still happen even if you don't look like j.lo but hey you are entitle to your opinion.
ReplyDelete