Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (and to start conversations BEFORE we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum. You are required to write AT LEAST two paragraphs a week (in one or more postings).
Thursday, November 18, 2010
A Raisin in the Sun
This book was so enlighting for me. It really helped me to realized what is really important. I think now this is one of my favorite books thus far. The characters really are like the people in my life. Although we do have more than they did back than, the storyline pretty much fits and my family. The fact that my brother is always trying to start some business. My mother is content with how things are. Her focus is the family and trying to keep us together rather than focusing on material things. Ruth is my sster-in-law and how she puts up with my brother and his thhinking. She works her butt off and she has to comes home to getting an ear full of all the business ideas he has. But one thing I can say is she is loyal and always has been. She stuck by him through the good and the bad. And finally I think I'm Travis, kind of just going with the flow but also as he looks up to his father, I look up to my brother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment