Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (and to start conversations BEFORE we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum. You are required to write AT LEAST two paragraphs a week (in one or more postings).
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Frida
We watched the movie Frida in class. It was a very interesting movie. I think the casts were great and many well-known actors played in small roles, which I think is really great. I think everyone acted really well for their respective role. Professor Talbird mentioned that the movie is very accurate reflection of Frida Kahlo’s life. If that is the case I am really surprised about her openness toward her sexuality. I understand that there were homosexuals and bisexuals in the 30’s and 40’s but they were very low key. I also wonder when she had sex with Leon Trotsky was it passionate or was she trying to get back at Diego Rivera her husband for sleeping with her sister. If it were passionate she would not have any reason to expose the fact to Diego. That way, Frida and Leon could have let their affair continue. However, Frida exposed the matter herself and asked Diego if it hurt?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment