
This past thursday we had our first group critique pertaining to our collection. I wasn't quite sure how the activity was going to run but i must say i did enjoy it very much. i got a lot of helpful information which will help me right better and also help the reader get a better understanding of what it is Im trying to convey. i also had the pleasure of getting to hear my fellow classmates drafts. There was some very great stand out poetry and a wonderful short story that caught my attention. The first entry in my collection was my own analysis of a painting,Old Man in Sorrow(On Threshold of Eternity) by Vincent Van Gogh. A wonderful painting in my opinion filled with immense emotion. After writing my analysis of it i found my self enveloped in an ekphrastic state.
In addition to the analysis of the painting which I've would attached to this blog entry I also wrote a poem inspired by the painting titled "Eternity".
Eternity
Am I broken
Am I battered
Is their more you have to show me
Ive lived and ive died
A lesson for the lonely
And now it seems your truly here to take me
In my tears and through my sorrow
you’ve found a way to break me
Eternity
What a tragedy.
Nice!
ReplyDeleteI was really amazed when I read your post so I decided to comment on it. Not many people ever take the time out to actually figure out what a painting means to them and the message it conveys. I feel like you did this so perfectly. The poem you wrote really gives meaning to the painting when I look at it now, and I find myself actually feeling the pain that the man in the painting looks like he's in.
ReplyDeleteYou've really captured the essence of this. It seems like you got really into it as well. I like this painting a lot and whats so great about it is that it can give a different message to everyone who sees it. Sorrow can be caused by so many different things, and I feel like this can relate to all of it. Good job man. I really enjoyed this.