Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Poetry Choice of Sharon Dolin

"Black Painting #2: The Dead" is an interesting poem than all of the other poems. It has a creative picture in my mind, as to how the weather can be a threat to me if I am alive. Sharon Dolin, for instance, used the rain and cloud in the poem to describe what anyone will become if he or she gets caught in the weather. My favorite line was when the author said, "cloud whitewashed by weather" because it is something I never heard of before that makes the poem sound mystical. Those words remind me of how I might have seen my families or friends for the last time as the clouds are the fogs,covering up the air, and only I could see my families or friends in black color because the fogs are in my way from seeing them. The poetry does not have any techniques, but it has a plot. The plot at the end says, "blotches of flight descend into your stationary car".

No comments:

Post a Comment