Reading the examples of ekphrastic poetry on
http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/5918
gave me a better understanding of the word. These poems normally focus on paintings, photographs, and sculptures. I noticed that some poems tell us about what is happening in the paintings, but not necessarily what the painting looks like. For example, the poem on the "Shield of Achilles" has allot of different things going on at the same time,but after seeing the image of the shield I was able to relate the two together.
The Poem that stood out to me was "Museum Guard". I didn't choose this one because the Prof. mentioned it in his blog, and I'm trying to get on his good side ;) seriously, i chose it because it justifies two poems i am including in my collection as visual art. The two poems that i wrote, are about real life routines that take place on a daily basis. My poems are similar to "Museum Guard", real life rather than a painting.
Should observing real life be considered art? In my opinion Yes, because if dancing is considered art, and it's a motion, then any physical motion should be considered art, such as walking, running, eating, drinking, etc..
No comments:
Post a Comment