This poem had me alittle confused. In the first stanza it reads "all night I've wanted to rest, but rest is too ambitious." To me this shows that the person in the text isn't trying to be ambitious, even when it comes to something as simple as resting. Although he/she says "I've wanted to rest." The person in the text seems to be mentally and physically tough. The person seems to be on a journey home, according to the last line "my rider and bit to guide me home." But he/she is going through some obstacles. "The elevators forget or lie and refuse to leave floor fourteen." This tells me that the person in the poem might belong on floor fourteen, even the elevators wont seem to work for them. But this person continues to try and find his/her destination, "forced to sweat and climb the stairs, the clop of my heels on concrete." Going by the title is seems as though the person in the text wont find any exit. No exit from his/her fantasy world or simply the dream they are having. "I grind bone to dust in my dreams."
Jonathan Bartolo
No comments:
Post a Comment