Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (and to start conversations BEFORE we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum. You are required to write AT LEAST two paragraphs a week (in one or more postings).
Saturday, September 25, 2010
On Thursday we did our group critiques. I wasn't sure what I want to share or if I wanted to share my work at all. But after the little exercise we did in the beginning of the class I felt more comfortable. I shared a branch off story I wrote when I was sixteen after reading The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien. It's told from the perspective of the main character, Linda and the secret struggle she went through while liking her classmate, Tim. The story is short and after the group critique I saw how much people liked it. I know I have a lot of work to do and after receiving my classmates feedback I'm really excited to add more to the story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment