Sunday, September 12, 2010

Group Exercises

"WHY ARE WE BEING PUT INTO GROUPS?", I thought to myself, as Prof. Tailbird instructed us to get with the others who shared our assigned number. In the past, group exercises weren't a pleasant experience because not all in the group would make an effort to fully participate, leaving the few who actually cared to perform the bulk of the work. I figured this would be the case in class today and mentally prepared myself to deal with the BS that was probably upcoming. Only that wasn't what took place, since everyone in my group showed incentive and were actively involved in the exercise. We worked in unison and strived to reach a common foundation of respect amongst us during the process, with the result of our joint effort being a stanza which was well received by some in the class.
As funny as it was for us to collectively come up with our poem, another part of the experience that I will value is how the teamwork between us all translated into a successful academic venture, a funny and profound piece of poetry. It's a testament to how when a group shares a common vision for success and places that vision above all else, the end result of their labor will far exceed their wildest hopes and desires. I look forward to our next group exercise and am eager to find out what each of my classmates brings to the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment