Thursday, September 9, 2010

QCC Art Gallery

There was a piece I was thinking about using for my collecetion and it was found in the Art Gallery. I've been to the Art Gallery in QCC before in the summer time when I took the English 101 class. This particular I mentioned earlier was a African piece. It was one of the pieces I wrote about in that summer class.

The statue consisted of 4 people, a family even: a husband, a wife, and two young sons. There were drums of both sides of the young boys. In this piece the drums symbolized their tradition of both music and dance. When doing research I found that this "tradition" included festivas, birthdays and so on. So this is the piece that I wanted to work on again and maybe instead of doing an essay or short story, I would make it into a poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment