I should have had 2 weeks worth of Blogging but it always slip's my mind & i remember Sunday Morning when its too late. So this is my first time. Ive never participated in a blog before. And im not entirely sure what to write now. So I'm going to post one of my favorite poems my older brother wrote a long time ago. His name is Jeremiah Sullivan.
My Little Secret
Its Frustrating Frustration
That Got Me Pacing Impatient
Whats Delaying My Destination
Its Already Taken
Its To The Point Of Me Breaking Down To The Pavement
I'm Tired Of Faking
When Will You Awaken
Or Will It Be Too Late
Then Its Like I Committed Suicide
Because On The Inside Everything Died
Because I Followed My Own Heart
But Even It Lied
Will There Ever Be A Reason For Me
To Care Enough To Repair My Lungs And Start Breathing
Maybe If You Close Your Eyes
While I Describe What I'm Feeling
Its Like Crying So Hard
With Out Screaming
No Words Come Out
Your Internally Bleeding
But No One Believes It
They Cant See It
You Look Pleasant When You Greet Them
Shhh ....This Is Our Little Secret
I absolutely love this poem. Besides the fact, I feel it tells my life story. I feel the emotion leaking through the lines as I read them. I think this a poem everyone could relate to at some point in their life, and it could work as a great tool to helping people understand, every feeling they feel someone else, at some time, felt the same exact way. May I ask why its your favorite poem though ?
ReplyDeleteThis poem just blew me away. You can feel the author's pain so clearly. While reading you gain anticipation for what's next with each line and the ending falls perfectly into place. It was written so beautifully. I can't help but to wonder what truly is the author's little secret. It is also important, as you said Cortiz, to remember that we are not alone in our trials and emotions, there are thousands of people who have felt the same way at some point of their life.
ReplyDeleteThanks. These comments make my brother proud of his work. & i guess i like the poem for the same reasons you guys like it. It catches your attention. & keeps it. It speaks of a unspoken emotional pain that we all eventually feel. & even though we feel this way we keep a smile on our face. I love the way it flows so well & the description it provides the reader. Its like you feel the pain as you read. With each line it building stronger....He wrote this so long ago like yearssss ago & its still my favorite. :) im glad you guys liked it !!
ReplyDelete