Sunday, September 5, 2010

My EN-101 class

I still remember my first day of EN-101. I was very nervous, as my professor was explaining us the syllabus I was thinking that it’s going to be very hard for me to stay on track with all the assignments and paperwork but as the days goes by I started enjoying that class, one reason was that in our group critiques we used to talk about the problems people face in their lives, for instance, racism, stereotypes, issues at working place, problems faced by students in college, feeling of losing someone or something close to you, and topic like how people make opinion about you and how its changes during time. There were some topics which I wasn’t able to relate to but I was able to see where those people were coming from, which was very interesting and a different learning experience. Some days we discussed the small passages excerpted from different books, sometimes we read poems written by poets from different background and tried to discover the common theme behind them. During our discussion sessions I learned a lot by listening to people’s personal stories that how they overcame the hardships of life. My English class was very informative I learnt many writing techniques as well as morals of life which changed my perspectives to certain things. Surprisingly, my first day of EN-102 (this class) was the same. So I am looking forward to learning and understanding English and literature (to be specific) more and used that knowledge in future.

About the painting “The scream”, that work of art is kind of depressing to me. It makes me feel that the person in the painting is feeling miserable and helplessly screaming for help, his whole world is destroying in front of him and so is his existence and people at the black seems to be unaware of his situation. I feel that the message behind this painting is incomplete. This painting urged me to find out the reason behind this tragic representation.

No comments:

Post a Comment