We finished watching the movie “A raisin in the sun” in class. In the movie, the character of Travis reminded me of my son. In the movie and in the book, Travis is a child growing up in a financially challenged family. There are things that he wants but he can’t have due to his family’s financial status. Like, when he wanted fifty cent for his class but his mother refused saying she didn’t have it. I feel that my son is growing up in somewhat of a similar condition. My entire family is a family of students. My wife and I are college students and my son is an elementary school student. I being the only working person and working part time, we don’t have much financial freedom. Often time, my son would ask for toys that his friends have. As a father, it really hurts sometimes to not be able to give him the things he wants. It hurts to see his friends having the latest toys and games and him playing with his old toys. When I read the play and saw the movie, Travis constantly remind me of my son.
No comments:
Post a Comment