After reading the book and watching the movie in class, I realized "A Raisin in the Sun" is not just a play. My expectation for the movie was met and the actors really played their parts. I think this play is just one of the ways African Americans try to show how they were discriminated against and their struggles to survive in America.
We saw how Mama was portrayed as the head of the family and how Walter was portrayed as a crazy drunk even though he had a wife and a son. In the movie, Walter had so many dreams but no one believed in his dreams, not even his family. In the 50s and even today, owning a home is part of the American dream. In the movie, Mama was constantly reminding us about the hard work her husband, Walter Younger Sr., did for his family. I like the introduction of the African culture in to the play and the friction between the two cultures. "A Raisin in the Sun" is a great play and I enjoyed reading and watching it.
No comments:
Post a Comment