Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Raisin in the Sun Finale

Retakes and editing is a major advantage in cinematography. The possibility of filming scenes in other places and outdoors makes it different from plays. I was surprised with the scenes in the bar and the new house. The book doesn't takes us to those places.
The house in the play is an impasse in their lives. I think they feel that life wont move on until something changes. The new house is that change for Mama and Ruth. Walter doesn't realize it until the end of the play. Beneatha is occupied with school and dating. I don't think that changing anything would directly affect her.
The American dream is having the perfect family, living in a big house with a two car garage, a great job and lots of money. This relates to the play because the characters in the play all have dreams of being someone and having everything possible.
Ruth wants to move because she wants Travis to have his own room. Sharing the bathroom with the neighbors is also one of the motives she wants to get out of the old house.
"You people" was probably the only seen that upset me negatively. I never liked using that phrase. It seems racist and rude to me.
There will always be "takers" and "tooken". People with no moral conscious will take advantage of naive people with good intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment