Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Raisin in the Sun Movie

After watching the film in class, I found that my expectations were upset when I wrote that I expected it to be different from what I had envisioned when I was reading the book. The settings were different what I had imagined them to look like and the characters acted more intensely than how I had originally envisioned they were when I was reading the book.

What makes this movie cinematic is how it’s always going to be the same every time you watch it, but every times you watch it you may notice something you haven’t noticed before. The house in this play signifies a form of escape from all their problems and their old house; this is related to the American Dream in the sense that everyone wants a better life. Ruth wants to move so badly because their apartment is old and breaking down, by moving into a new house she hopes that they could almost start over new.

No comments:

Post a Comment