The MOMA is one of the most interesting and enticing museums I have ever been to. However I disagree with nudity being distasteful. The human body is a creation filled with magnificence, throughout history the human body has been depicted in art works from, ancient egypt, to the mayans, the romans, the greeks, ext. All of these people could be considered founders of art in certain ways. These ancient civilizations have paved the way for us today. Therefore their forms of art have somewhat carried over in representations we may see in modern art.
The body is a beautiful and eccentric thing, filled with complexities and diversities. Appreciation of our human form is hard for everyone to have, but is something that should be respected. In some cultures sexuality is a subject which is more open than others, for example European countries are very open to sexuality compared to the United States. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I am not saying your wrong, just saying next time you should try seeing the art with nudity in a different light, maybe with purity instead of unease.
The MOMA , I must agree, is one of the most interesting museums I too have ever been too. I went this past summer with my mother and it was a really interesting bonding experience.
ReplyDelete