I love English so my experience in EN 101 was really fun. We read several poems, memoirs, and passages from all different time periods and I enjoyed our class debates and discussions. My high school English experience was similar to EN 101 except my teacher really motivated and pushed us to be better students inside and outside the class. Because she was always on our backs about our assignments, she's to thank for a good majority of the grade passing the English regents. In high school I read mostly classics and books linking back to history.
I've been to a few museums such as the MoMA, Brooklyn Museum, and Queens Museum of Art. The MoMA had the Tim Burton exhibit a few months ago and I really enjoyed that because you got to see all the work he's done from a kid up until now. The art featured at the MoMA is very eye catching and sometimes provocative. I also liked the Who Shot Rock n' Roll exhibit featured in the Brooklyn Museum had in January. I've seen the painting "The Scream" before in previous art classes but was never given an in depth story behind the painting. I've heard a few people mention that it has something to do with a person's mental state but nothing more. It was nice having a discussion based on the painting and hearing everyone's opinions about it.l
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete